Etsy SEO can be a bit daunting – especially if you’re new to the platform. But never fear! In this blog post, we’ll give you some easy tips and tricks to get your shop found on Etsy.
When you set up your shop on Etsy, the first thing you need to do is choose some keywords. These are the words and phrases that people will use when they search for products like yours on Etsy. Your job is to make sure that your shop shows up when people search for those keywords!
But how do you choose the right keywords? And once you’ve chosen them, how do you make sure that your shop shows up for those searches? Keep reading to find out!
1) Brainstorm a list of potential keywords – A great way to do this is to think about the words and phrases that you would use when searching for a product like yours. For example, if you sell jewelry, some potential keywords could be “handmade jewelry,” “statement jewelry,” “boho jewelry,” etc. Once you have a solid list of potential keywords, it’s time to move on to step 2!
2) Use an Etsy keyword tool – EverBee will help you research your keywords and figure out which ones are the best fit for your shop. Not to mention, it’s free to use! All you need to do is sign up for a free account.
3) Optimize your shop title and tags – Once you’ve got your list of keywords from EverBee, it’s time to put them to work! One of the best places to use them is in your shop title and tags. When filling out these fields, be sure to include as many relevant keywords as possible – without keyword stuffing, of course. If you’re not sure what keyword stuffing is, don’t worry – we’ll touch on that in step 4.
4) Don’t keyword stuff! – We mentioned keyword stuffing briefly in step 3, but what exactly is it? Keyword stuffing is the act of cramming as many keywords into your listing as possible in an attempt to manipulate the Etsy search algorithm. Not only is this bad for business, but it can also get you suspended from Etsy! So how can you avoid it? A good rule of thumb is to keep your keywords relevant and Natural sounding. For example, let’s say you sell handmade ceramic mugs. A title like “Handmade Ceramic Mug – Unique Mug – Coffee Mug – Tea Mug” sounds natural and includes relevant keywords without going overboard. On the other hand, a title like “Handmade Ceramic Mug – Unique Mug – Coffee Mug – Tea Mug – Cheap Mug – Best Mug” sounds unnatural and like you’re trying too hard. It’s also important to remember that quality trumps quantity; so even if you can only include a few relevant keywords, that’s better than packing your title full of irrelevant ones!
5) Optimize Your Shop Sections – Etsy allows you to organize your listings into sections, which can help potential customers find what they’re looking for more easily. Make sure that your sections are well-organized and that each section has a unique title that includes relevant keywords. For example, if you sell jewelry, you might want sections titled “Rings,” “Earrings,” “Bracelets,” etc.
6) Use High-Quality Images – The photos you use in your listings play a big role in whether or not someone decides to buy from you. Be sure to use high-resolution photos that show off your products in the best light possible. Customers should be able to zoom in on photos and see all the details of your product clearly. In addition, avoid using stock photos whenever possible, as these can make your listings look less personal and authentic.
7) Write Unique Descriptions – The descriptions you write for each listing should be clear, concise, and free of any grammar or spelling errors. In addition, each description should be unique – don’t copy and paste descriptions from other sites or from other listings in your own shop. Finally, be sure to include relevant keywords throughout your descriptions so that potential customers can easily find your products when they’re searching online.
8) Promote your listings elsewhere – Just because someone finds your shop through Etsy doesn’t mean they’ll automatically become a customer. To increase the chances of making a sale, it’s important to promote your listings on other platforms as well. Social media is a great place to start; so be sure to share your listings on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. You can also promote your items by writing blog posts or creating videos about them; then embedding those blog posts and videos on social media or including links back to them in your item descriptions. The more places people can find your listings, the better!
These are just a few tips on how to optimize your Etsy shop for SEO! By following these tips, you can help potential customers find YOUR listings more easily AND increase YOUR chances of making a sale…
EverBee is an awesome tool for Etsy SEO and market research. Our software will provide valuable information like estimated sales, Shop reviews, keywords and tags search volume. Here you can see more details.
If you need further help, contact us today to learn more about EverBee 🙂
EverBee grows your Etsy business using data analytics, and is used by Etsy sellers of all sizes including Top 1% sellers.